New Humble Bundle Offers Games From Square Enixby Brandon Chester on July 22, 2014 3:45 PM EST
Today the latest Humble Bundle has gone on sale and it offers a good selection of games from the Square Enix library including all the entries in the Deus Ex franchise, titles in the Hitman series, and a variety of other titles that they have published over the years. At the usual "pay what you want" tier ($1 pledged or more is required for Steam keys) there's the following selection of games.
- Thief Gold (92% PC, 10/1999): An expanded version of Thief: The Dark Project which is a stealth game where the player takes control of a master thief who must complete objectives without being detected.
- Daikatana (N/A PC, 04/2000): A first person shooter game which takes place across different time periods and locations.
- Mini Ninjas (74% PC, 09/2009): A third person action adventure game where players control one of six playable characters, each with different items and abilities.
- Anachronox (77% PC, 06/2001): A third person role playing game where the player assumes the role of a private investigator who stumbles upon a mystery that threatens the fate of the universe.
- Hitman: Codename 47 (73% PC, 11/2000): A stealth game where players take the role of a trained hitman tasked with assassinating criminal masterminds involved in experiments that had been performed on the character.
- Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (87% PC, 09/2002): A sequel to Hitman: Codename 47 where the player again takes the role of Agent 47 and must complete missions involving the assassination of various targets.
By beating the average price which at the time of writing is at $6.63 and trending upward, a selection of more recent titles is unlocked. It's worth noting that this pricing bracket includes two games in the Deus Ex series, albeit the lesser praised of the four Deus Ex titles. More titles are expected to be added to the list below in the coming days.
- Deus Ex: Invisible War (80% PC, 12/2003): A first person shooter which is a direct sequel to the original Deus Ex which combines elements of RPG and FPS games and puts the player in a technologically advanced world filled with conspiracy .
- Deus Ex: The Fall (46% PC, 69% iOS, 07/2013): A title which originally launched on iOS and was later brought to Android and PC. It continues the story of the Deus Ex: Icarus Effect novel and features similar gameplay elements to Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Hitman Absolution (79% PC, 11/2012): The most recent entry in the Hitman franchise. Features similar gameplay to the previous games while continuing the main character's story.
- Nosgoth Veteran Pack (N/A PC, 2014): A booster pack for an upcoming free-to-play action game that is currently in Early Acess status on steam.
- Battlestations: Midway (76% PC, 01/2007): An action game that lets the player control various air, sea, and underwater vehicles as part of naval battles during World War II.
Finally, paying more than $14.99 unlocks the whole selection of titles including some very recent ones like Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut and Just Cause 2. The original Deus Ex: Game of the Year edition is also included which rounds off the Deus Ex games for anyone who wishes to pick up the entire series in this bundle. The full list of games in the $14.99 tier is laid out below.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (91% PC, 08/2011): A prequel to the original Deus Ex. Combines elements of FPS and RPG games allowing the player to modify themselves with various mechanical augmentations and to perform various side quests in addition to the main story. The director's cut includes the Deus Ex: Missing Link DLC which was originally released after the original game.
- Just Cause 2 (84% PC, 03/2010): An open world action-adventure game that lets the player complete objectives in various different ways with an array of weapons and vehicles along with the ability to reach great vertical heights using grappling hooks and parachutes.
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (82% PC, 08/2010): A platform adventure game where the character must use various weapons and skills to solve puzzles and traverse levels.
- Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition (90% PC, 06/2000): A game which combines various elements of action, stealth, FPS, and RPG games. The player progresses through the game while upgrading their character's nano augmentations and uncovering various conspiracies involving groups like the Illuminati and Majestic 12.
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (66% PC, 08/2010): A third person shooter game where the player takes control of two criminals trying to keep alive after an arms deal goes wrong.
While it's not the most incredible Humble Bundle that has ever been put out, the Square Enix bundle offers a solid collection of games. Personally I believe that just picking up the entire Deus Ex series is well worth the $14.99 and everything on top like Just Cause 2 and Hitman: Absolution is just an added bonus. The Humble Square Enix Bundle will run for the next two weeks and payments can be split between Square Enix, the GamesAid and Make-A-Wish charities, and Humble Bundle, Inc. to help them continue to run these game bundles.
Source: Humble Bundle